INFORMATION FOR OUR CLIENTS
Thank you for putting your trust in us. We’re excited to take you through the home ownership journey. To ensure that you understand how we’ll work with you, our processes and who we are, please read on to find out more.
Fesolai Financial Services (FSPR Number 764352) is an authorised Financial Service Provider, licensed to provide mortgage financial services or brokerage. We help our clients arrange their mortgages with Banks and Non-Bank lenders.
We operate under a current license issued by the Financial Markets Authority in the name of NZ Financial Services Group Limted (FSPR Number 286965).
Scope of Service and Advice
We will help you arrange a mortgage to purchase or refinance an existing property. Our Financial Adviser will guide you through the process, while helping you choose a loan that is suitable for your purpose from our panel of lenders. We also work closely with an insurance partner, and may refer you for advice, should you need help arranging your housing and general insurance.
The panel of lenders we use for mortgages are:
ANZ Westpac BNZ ASB BNZ SBS Bank Avanti Finance Bluestone Pepper Money RESIMAC Pepper Money The Co- Operative Heartland Bank ASAP Finance Basecorp Finance Cressida Capital Liberty Finance CFML DBR NZCU Baywide Zip Business Southern Cross Partners
We, and anyone who gives financial advice on our behalf, have duties under the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 relating to the way that we give advice. We are required to:
- give priority to your interests by taking all reasonable steps to make sure our advice isn’t materially influenced by our own interests.
- exercise care, diligence, and skill in providing you with advice
- meet standard of competence, knowledge and skill set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (these are designed to ensure that we have the expertise needed to provide you with advice)
- meet standards of ethical behaviour, conduct and client care set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (these are to ensure we treat you as we should, and give you suitable advice).
This is only a summary of the duties that we have. More information is available by contacting us, or by visiting the Financial Markets Authority website.
On settlement of a loan, we receive commission from the applicable product provider. The commission is generally of an upfront nature but may also include a renewal or trail commission. We also receive a fixed rate roll over fee from some product providers if I assist in refixing your loan.
We may also receive a referral fee or commission if we refer you to our referral partners.
Generally, we won’t charge you any fees for our financial advice. This is possible because, on settlement of a loan, we receive a commission from the lender. Any exceptions to this general position are explained below.
I may charge you a one-off fee if the following occurs:
- When we don’t receive commission from the lender: If you request that that we provide financial advice and we do not receive a commission from the lender, we may charge you a one-off fee. Any such fee would be agreed and authorised by you in writing before we complete the services and would be based on an estimate of the time our Financial Adviser spent providing the service.
- When I have to repay commission to the lender (Clawback Recovery Fee): If a loan is repaid within 27 months of settlement (the ‘Clawback Period’), we may have some or all of the original upfront commission repaid or ‘clawed back’ by the Lender. To ensure that we are fairly compensated for the services originally provided to you, we may charge you a one-off Clawback Recovery Fee. Any such fee would be no more than $4,000 (plus GST, if any) and would be calculated at a rate of $250 per hour of our time spent providing financial advice to you in connection with the applicable loan. The fee we charge you will not exceed the amount of commission we have to repay to the lender.
Should we charge you a fee, you will be invoiced and will be given 30 days to make payment.
We take steps to ensure that receipt of commissions does not influence the advice we give to you and and that our Financial Adviser prioritises your interests by recommending the best product for your purpose regardless of the type and amount of commission we may receive. We manage this by:
- Ensuring our adviser follows an advice process that ensures they understand your needs and goals and that their recommendations meet those needs and goals.
- Providing you with a schedule showing commission amounts and types by product provider. This schedule is contained within our advisers Disclosure Guide. We will provide you with more information about commissions during the advice process.
If there are any conflicts of interest apart from commission that could potentially influence the advice that we give, these will be in our advisers Disclosure Guide.
If you have a problem or are concerned about our advice or part of our service, please let us know so we can work with you to resolve the issue.
Our internal Complaints Manager Reta, can be reached through email at email@example.com, or on mobile 021549176. She will reply to you within 24 hours.
Our internal complaints process
- We maintain an internal Complaints Register, and will record your complaint as soon as you make contact with us.
- We will consider your complaint and let you know how we intend to resolve it. We may need to contact you to get further information about your complaint.
- We aim to resolve complaints within 10 working days of receiving them. If we can’t, we will contact you within that time to let you know we need more time to consider your complaint.
- We will contact you by phone or email to let you know whether we can resolve your complaint and how we propose to do so. A written copy of our recommendation can be provided to you upon request.
- If we cannot agree on a resolution, or you aren’t satisfied with the way we propose to do so, you can refer your complaint to our external dispute resolutions service – Financial Services Complaints Limited.
If you are not satisfied with the way we have resolved your complaint, or if you decide to not use our internal complaints process, you can contact our external independent resolution scheme. The service is independent and will cost you nothing and will assist us to resolve things with you.
We are a member of the Financial Services Complaints Limited’s (FSCL ) approved dispute resolution scheme.
You can contact FSCL at:
Financial Services Complaints LimitedAddress:
PO Box 5967, Wellington
Phone number: 0800 347 3725